Tuesday, November 27, 2007

10 years!

Thanksgiving 1997 was the day that I realized that Kirsten was the ONE for me. Kirsten and I met in October 1997 through mutual friends she was visiting in Tucson. When I found out that she had no plans for Thanksgiving, I insisted that she attend Thanksgiving dinner with me at my parents house. She was reluctant, considering she hadn't met anyone in my family and really hadn't spent much time with me either. But I was my pushy, insistent self and left her no choice ;)

We had a GREAT day. Kirsten fit right in with my family, helping with the cooking, helping with my parent's godchildren that were visiting, joking around... I vividly remember watching her playing with the kids in the living room while I did some cooking thing in the kitchen. My mom said something like "she's pretty special". I said something like "I know" and I knew right then that I loved Kirsten and that we could and should spend the rest of our lives together. Thanksgiving is always a wonderful reminder of that for me. I can't believe it, but this Thanksgiving marks an amazing 10 years that we have been together!

In those 10 years we have gone through a lot of things, both good and bad, but we have always had each other and our love for each other. Now our family has grown to include two wonderful boys, a few more cousins, and lots of new experiences. I love you baby and I love the life we have created together, here's to a few more decades together and lots more Thanksgivings...

No comments: